Monday, November 10, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.........

Although this day took place a while back I am just now getting to the post. But it was definitely a day to remember. As I was finishing up cleaning lunch with the kids all at the table, I had my back turned in the kitchen. All of the sudden I hear a terrible crash with a shatter of glass and the girls screaming. To my horror I turned around and the window behind Talmadge was shattered and no Talmadge. To paint a picture the window is 5 x 8 feet and sits roughly 20ft. off the ground with cement steps below it. You can only imagine the thoughts running through my head when I didn't see Talmadge or hear him. I was expecting him through the window in a mangled mess on the concrete, and dead. Well to my surprise he only made it through the first pane of the window and was on the floor covered in glass. There was blood everywhere and I didn't even know where to begin looking for the major wounds. As I inspected him luckily the worst of it all was his finger he just about took it right off, along with tons of little scraps and cuts all over his body, so off to the ER we went. Luckily Scott was able to come with me, I don't know how I would have drove there while holding his finger in place and not having it bleeding everywhere. Thank goodness it was only 5 stitches. After telling the doctor and both the nurse what had happened they were shocked he did not have any major damage done with shattereing a huge window right on top of himself, they expressed how lucky he was,and they have seen terrible accidents with people and children going through windows and he was very fortunate...........note to self move Talmadges chair away from the window...........
While at the ER my sister in law watched Zoie, when I returned to pick her up this is what her face looked like, she was a scabbed up bloody mess herself. She was on the swing set and flipped off backwards hit the ground on her face and proceeded to drag it on the ground. It's a good thing kids don't remember events like this when they get older, but as a mother you never forget excited events like this. Both are happy and all has healed up...................until next time.

7 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Amber....I swear. You and the Lord must have had a little something going on when chosing our trials. Sheesh girl! What a blessing so far nothing has amounted to anything life changing but my heart goes out to you for all the "moments" you have lived through!
Hope you a feeling great!

Mandi A. said...

oh girl, you MUST be married to my brother! I didnt realize Zoie's was so bad..holy cow. I pictured it as a little scrape, not her whole forhead!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

I can't imagine what you felt when you didn't see him!! It is me or Talmage is always getting hurt and rushed to the hospital?
Poor Zoie, one day she's look at this picture and be like, man, I was tough.

Anonymous said...

wow, like Mandi, I didn't realize how bad Zoie was. You said a "raspberry" that looks like a deep scrape. I'm so glad they are both OK, especially Talmadge. It's awfull to think of what could have happened to him!!

I love you all,

Mom/Grandma

Lisa Marie said...

Leah told me about this the day it happened. I'm so glad the little guy was only left with some minor gashes. We've landed in the ER a few times ourselves (mostly for Elijah- boys are crazy!), but that experience definitely trumps us!

Lisa Marie said...

Anyone for sushi?

Lisa Brown said...

That is so sad! I am sorry, I HATE those days! How is the pregnancy going?